Tuesday, August 16, 2011

100 Random Facts About You Swap

Good Morning Partners!!  Here are my answers for the 100 Random Facts About You swap!  It sure was fun answering these questions :)

1.      Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed?
I sleep with my closet door closed but my husband’s is usually open.  I try to keep his closed too though so the cat doesn’t get in there and tear up all his shoelaces.
2.      Favourite pizza topping?
I really just like extra cheese. Kind of “cheesy” right??
3.      Do you sleep with your covers on or off?
I always like to have covers. Even in this hot Texas summer.  I almost always have a blanket wrapped around me when I’m watching TV on the couch too.
4.      Have you ever stolen a street sign before?
No, never.  I know people do this but I don’t really understand why…
5.      Do you like to use post-it notes?
I have post it notes stuck all over my desk at work but I never go back and reference them.  Then they just make a mess!  I guess since they end up being nothing but clutter I’m going to have to say no – I don’t like to use post-it notes (even though I use a ton of them!)
6.      Do you cut out coupons but then never use them?
All the time.  I always print out the craft store coupons for the week, but half the time I don’t end up using them so I have a purse full of expired coupons.
7.      Do you wear nail polish?
Usually only on my toes.  Every once and a while I will paint my fingernails.
8.      Do you have freckles?
Some.  Not the cute kind on your nose and cheeks, just random freckles here and there.
9.      Do you always smile for pictures?
I find that my serious face is kind of goofy (or at least I think it’s goofy) so I always smile when I’m getting my picture taken. When I got my bridal portraits done the photographer kept trying to get me to be serious, but I couldn’t do it – I kept laughing.  I’m not meant to be serious I guess!

10.  What is your biggest pet peeve?
Being lied to or manipulated, especially when it’s totally obvious.
11.  Do you ever avoid the cracks on the pavement when you walk?
Not since I was a little kid.
12.  Have you ever peed in the woods?
Nope!
13.  Do you own any pets?
I just got a cat about a month ago.  She’s a little calico named Sarah.  I never thought I would want a cat (we always had dogs growing up), but I’m totally in love with her already!
14.  Do you ever dance even if there’s no music playing?
Sometimes.
15.  Prefer to write in pen or pencil?
Pen I think.  I really just use whatever is lying around, and I mostly only have pens.
16.  Play any instruments?
I played the violin in middle and high school, and took piano lessons when I was a kid.  I haven’t played either in years though.
17.  What size is your bed?
It’s a queen.
18.  What is your Song of the week?
You know, I usually have one, but this week I’m kind of sick of everything I’ve heard recently.  I’m in “song of the week” limbo L
19.  Is it okay for guys to wear pink?
Absolutely!

20.  Do you still watch cartoons?
I really don’t care for most cartoons anymore. 
21.  What’s your least favourite movie?
Idiocracy.  If you’ve never seen it, don’t.  Wanted is equally bad.
22.  Where would you bury hidden treasure if you had some?
I never really put much thought into this… I guess my back yard?  That seems a little too obvious though doesn’t it?  How about under my porch in the back yard!
23.  What do you drink with dinner?
Water, soda or wine, depending on the meal.
24.  Do people ever mistake you for being a different race?
Nope – it’s pretty obvious that I’m a white girl.
25.  Would you ever pose nude for charity?
Probably not, I’m pretty modest.
26.  What movies could you watch over and over and still love?
Up, Wall-E, Beauty and the Beast, Gone with the Wind, Bridges of Madison County, The Natural, Paint Your Wagon, The Sting, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.  There are so many movies I like watching over and over, but my husband only likes to watch movies once so I don’t get to see my favorites all that often anymore.
27.  Last person you kissed/kissed you?
My husband.
28.  Were you ever a girl scout/guide?
I was in girl scouts from Daisies through Juniors, and then I quit because I wanted to be cool (although that didn’t really work out for me!!)
29.  What is your favourite food?
Probably chocolate J

30.  When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper?
I write note cards to go in my swaps all the time, but the last one on paper was probably to my grandma for her birthday, almost a year ago now!
31.  Can you change the oil on a car?
Not a chance, I don’t know anything about cars.
32.  Do you follow a religion?
I was raised Lutheran, but now attend a Baptist church.
33.  Do you collect anything?
Stuffed animals, Christmas ornaments from places I’ve visited, Flat pennies (from those penny squisher machines), and most recently ATCs!
34.  Favourite kind of sandwich?
I like BLT’s with avocado J  I also like tuna sandwiches.
35.  Best thing to eat for breakfast?
I love cold cereal with milk.  Mmmmmmmm… I could go for some now!
36.  What is your usual bedtime?
I have to get to work pretty early in the morning so I try to be in bed by 10:30 or 11.
37.  Are you a procrastinator?
Yes.  Unless it’s something fun I’m supposed to be doing!
38.  Do you dress up for Halloween?
I haven’t for years, although this year I might since I’ll be at my sister’s house with my little nieces.
39.  Do you know your Chinese astrological sign?
Yes, it’s the rat.
40.  How many languages can you speak?
I can speak English (duh) and very limited French (took it in high school) and some German, which I actually minored in in college, but since I never use it I’ve forgotten most of what I learned.
41.  Do you have any magazine subscriptions?
I get Martha Stewart Living.  I actually spend most of my day with magazines though since my job is ordering/renewing all the periodicals/magazines for a university library.
42.  What was your favourite toy as a kid?
My Care Bear Funshine.  I still have her, but she’s grey now, not yellow.
43.  Are you stubborn?
About certain things.
44.  Favourite chat show on television?
I don’t like watching people blab on and on really, so I don’t watch those kind of shows.
45.  Ever sing in the car?
I do when I’m alone in the car.
46.  Are you afraid of heights?
I never thought so, but as I get older I get more and more unsteady on my feet when I’m up high, especially if I’m close to an edge.  I don’t really feel afraid as much as shaky, but I suppose that’s what being afraid of heights is like…
47.  Do you watch soap operas?
No – I hate them!!
48.  When was the last time you were on a train?
It’s really hard to remember… I think it is when I took a trip to Belgium about 2 and a half years ago.
49.  Can you bake?
I can, but I haven’t been very good at it lately… Even things I’ve baked 100 times before come out wrong.
50.  Have you ever shot a gun?
I have but I’m not really a fan of it.
51.  Last time you got a portrait taken by a photographer?
I think it was my wedding photographer, just over 2 years ago.
52.  Do you think musicals are cheesy?
I think musicals are so much fun, but yes they are a little cheesy J
53.  Is Christmas stressful for you?
I always get excited about Christmas this time of year, but by the time it’s actually here, I’m a basket case!  You’d think I’d be more prepared since I’m already thinking about it by the end of summer…
54.  What one object would describe you?
This is a really hard question!!  Maybe a stuffed animal?  I love them!
55.  Favourite type of pie?
It’s a “fudge deluxe pie” that my aunt makes. Soooooo good!
56.  What job did you want as a child?
I wanted to be an artist.  That was back when I thought painting rainbows would be enough to make me famous.  I don’t think my art skills have improved at all since then!
57.  Do you believe in ghosts?
No, but those ghost shows on TV totally freak me out!  Can I not believe in ghosts and still be scared of them?
58.  Ever have a Deja-vu feeling?
Not recently, but for a while there I was getting one every few days.  Such a weird feeling!!
59.  Take a vitamin daily?
I did when I was younger but not anymore.  The last time I tried to take one it made me throw up so I haven’t wanted to since.  I don’t usually eat breakfast so it’s a little too hard on my stomach to take a vitamin in the morning.
60.  What’s your favourite footwear?
I love cute heels even if sometimes they kill my feet.
61.  Any unusual piercings?
Nope, just your standard ear piercings.
62.  What is in your pockets right now?
Nothing – I actually had to check and see if these pants even had pockets.
63.  First concert?
I went to see N’SYNC with a friend.  I’m so cool!
64.  Favourite supermarket?
I really only go to one in town (actually I recently started going to the Mexican grocery store down the street), but my favorite is Central Market.  We only go there when we’re in DFW or Austin though.
65.  Best feeling in the world?
Cuddling with my kitten!  We just got her a month ago and I’m super obsessed with her!
66.  Allergic to anything?
Springtime…  I’m miserable for most of April-June…
67.  Favourite television programme?
I don’t really know – I really like DC Cupcakes right now! 
68.  What 3 words best describe you?
Low-key, fun, messy
69.  Ever take dance lessons?
I did when I was little – tap, ballet and jazz – and I was awful.
70.  Is there a profession you picture your future spouse doing?
Well, he’s not my future spouse, he’s my actual spouse, but I know one day he would love to be a recording engineer.  I always knew I’d end up with someone musical though!
71.  Can you curl your tongue?
Yes
72.  Do you like fast food?
I like it, but I’ve gotten to a point where it usually makes me feel sick so I try to avoid it.  I guess that’s a good thing, but I do miss being able to eat as many French fries as I wanted…
73.  Have you ever cried with happiness?
My eyes have welled up, but I don’t think I actually cry with happiness.
74.  Own any vinyl records?
My husband has tons of records.
75.  Where is your favourite place in the world?
I like being at home with my husband and my kitty!
76.  Do you prefer incense or candles?
Candles
77.  Ever been in love?
Yup!
78.  What is a goal you would like to complete this year?
That’s a tough one, since the year is more than half over.  I’d like to finish paying off my husband’s car.  I’m on track for the final payment in November!!
79.  What was the last play you saw?
It’s been forever, but I think it was a Shakespeare play my friend was in.  I can’t even remember which one… The Merry Wives of Windsor maybe?  It’s been years…
80.  Are you a tea or coffee person?
Coffee usually.  Actually I don’t drink much of either, although I do like to drink tea during the couple of months when it’s actually cold in Texas.
81.  Do you have any special talents?
I don’t know if this counts, but I love paying bills.  I’d say that’s a “special” talent.  I also know how to do 2 or 3 synchronized swimming tricks.
82.  How old were you when you moved out of your parent’s house?
I was 18. 
83.  Can you swim well?
My mom made sure we could all swim when we were really little, and I grew up in Florida with a pool, so I am a pretty good swimmer, although I don’t swim much anymore.
84.  If you had the opportunity to open a store, what would you sell?
Craft items and handmade goodies!
85.  Are you a patient person?
For the most part
86.  What is your favourite piece of furniture you own?
I have this awesome old dental cabinet that was my grandpa’s.  I’m going to fix it up and use it to store all my rubber stamps and other craft supplies!
87.  Do you have any birthmarks?
A red one on my lower back.
88.  Ever won a contest?
Once in middle school I got a trophy for getting the highest countywide score on a math test.
89.  Which are better black or green olives?
Yuck!  I hate olives!
90.  Can you knit or crochet?
I can knit rectangles, and only the very basic knit stitch.  I can crochet pretty well although I haven’t for a while.
91.  Does your house have a fireplace?
It does but it’s a fake fireplace.  The cat likes to get in there and chew on the metal screen.  We even have a set of fireplace pokers but I have no idea why…
92.  What are your views on marriage?
Love it!
93.  Do you remember the name of your first crush?
His name was Andy and he went to my church.  Good thing I never acted on it because it turns out he’s not even interested in women!
94.  What did you last cook?
I baked a cake this past weekend.  My husband does most of the cooking.
95.  What gets you angry?
When I feel like I’m being manipulated. 
96.  Would you or have you ever had plastic surgery?
No, I don’t think so.
97.  Would you tattoo someone's name on your body?
No way.  I’m not into tattoos.
98.  What’s your favourite colour?
Purple
99.  Do you miss anyone right now?
Not at the moment!
100.                      Where were you 2 hours ago?
I was at home getting ready for work.

Have a great day!
Jenny (JBolech)

No comments:

Post a Comment